quinta-feira, 18 de dezembro de 2014

Mount TBR 2014 Checkpoint #4


Although it's still early, since I'm only planning to read on my kindle till the end of the year, here's my final checkpoint on Mount TBR Reading Challenge 2014: 

1. Tell us how many miles you made it up your mountain (# of books read). If you've planted your flag on the peak, then tell us and celebrate (and wave!). Even if you were especially athletic and have been sitting atop your mountain for months, please check back in and remind us how quickly you sprinted up that trail. And feel free to tell us about any particularly exciting book adventures you've had along the way.
I had signed up for 12 books but managed to read 27! I'm really proud of myself and I hope to keep it up nex year (I already signed up for 2015).

These were the books I read in 2014 (all books counted for other challenges):
  1. The Distant Hours, by Kate Morton
  2. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, by John Berendt
  3. The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald
  4. A Kiss at Midnight, by Eloisa James
  5. Purple Hibiscus, by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
  6. Poirot Investigates, by Agatha Christie
  7. The Ice Princess, by Camilla Läckberg
  8. The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak
  9. Lord Edgware Dies, by Agatha Christie
  10. Perfume: The Story of a Murderer, by Patrick Süskind
  11. Carmilla, by Sheridan Le Fanu
  12. Paper Towns, by John Green
  13. Dexter is Delicious, by Jeff Lindsay
  14. The Devil in Winter, by Lisa Kleypas
  15. An Offer From a Gentleman, by Julia Quinn
  16. Delicious, by Sherry Thomas
  17. The Rules of Seduction, by Madeline Hunter
  18. The Chocolate Run, by Dorothy Koomson
  19. Living Dead in Dallas, by Charlaine Harris
  20. The Fabulous Clipjoint, by Fredric Brown
  21. Lessons of Desire, by Madeline Hunter
  22. A Great and Terrible Beauty, by Libba Bray
  23. Ten Little Niggers, by Agatha Christie 
  24. An Old-Fashioned Girl, by Louisa May Alcott
  25. Sheltering Rain, by Jojo Moyes
  26. The Tales of Beedle the Bard, by J.K. Rowling
  27. Murder in Mesopotamia, by Agatha Christie

2. The Year in Review According to Mount TBR: Using the titles of the books you read this year, please associate as many statements as you can with a book read on your journey up the Mountain.
Describe yourself: An Old-Fashioned Girl
Describe where you currently live: in the Sheltering Rain
If you could go anywhere where would you go?: Paper Towns
Every Monday morning I look/feel like: A Great and Terrible Beauty
The last time I went to the doctor/therapist was because: I went on The Chocolate Run
The last meal I ate was: Delicious
When a creepy guy/girl asks me for my phone number, I: hope I don't end up Living Dead in Dallas
Ignorant politicians make me: want to commit a Murder in Mesopotamia
Some people need to spend more time: at Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
My memoir could be titled: The Book Thief
If I could, I would tell my teenage self: The Distant Hours shall pass
I've always wondered: what are The Rules of Seduction?

I always have fun with these checkpoints, thanks for coming up with them, Bev. I'll join you all again next year.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário