terça-feira, 21 de junho de 2011

Balanço final do desafio Spring Reading Thing 2011

ATTENTION: This post will be written in Portuguese and English.

Com a chegada do Verão chega ao fim o desafio Spring Reading Thing. Nesta Primavera tinha-me proposto ler 6 livros (incluindo o que já tinha começado). Acabei por ler 7 livros e encontro-me a mais de metade do oitavo. No entanto, acabei por não ser fiel à lista inicial e dois dos livros ficaram pelo caminho (mas serão lidos em breve):

The Twinning Murders, de Shelly Frome (terminar) - terminado
Vidas Trocadas, de Sandra Brown - terminado
A Mulher do Viajante no Tempo, de Audrey Niffenegger
O Símbolo Perdido, de Dan Brown - em leitura
A Torre e a Morte, de Michael Innes - terminado
Mrs Dalloway, de Virginia Woolf 

Assim, a lista de livros que li para o desafio é a seguinte (cliquem no título para ler a minha opinião): 
The Twinning Murders, de Shelly Frome (terminado)
Vidas Trocadas, de Sandra Brown
A Torre e a Morte, de Michael Innes
Jane Eyre, de Charlotte Brontë
Vasto Mar de Sargaços, de Jean Rhys
The Five People You Meet in Heaven, de Mitch Albom
A Música do Acaso, de Paul Auster
O Símbolo Perdido, de Dan Brown (em leitura)

Os livros de que mais gostei foram, sem dúvida, Vidas Trocadas e Jane Eyre. Sandra Brown é oficialmente uma das minhas autoras favoritas e não é por acaso que Jane Eyre é um clássico intemporal... Dois livros que irei reler, sem dúvida!

O livro de que menos gostei foi de A Música do Acaso. Irritou-me ao ponto de ter de parar de ler tal era a irritação que o personagem principal me causava...

Obrigada à Katrina por organizar este desafio e até ao Outono!
 

With the arrival of Summer, the Spring Reading Thing challenge ends. This Spring I challenged myself to read 6 books (including the one I had already started). I ended up reading 7 books and am half way through the 8th but I didn't stick with the original list and didn't read two of the books on that list (they will soon be read):
The Twinning Murders, by
Shelly Frome (terminar) - finished
The Switch, by Sandra Brown - finished
The Time Traveler's Wife, by Audrey Niffenegger
The Lost Symbol, by Dan Brown - currently reading
Lament for a Maker, by Michael Innes - finished
Mrs Dalloway, by Virginia Woolf 

So the books I read for this challenge were (click on the titles to read my reviews - in portuguese):  
The Twinning Murders, by Shelly Frome (finished)
The Switch, by Sandra Brown
Lament for a Maker, by Michael Innes
Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Brontë
Wide Sargasso Sea, by Jean Rhys
The Five People You Meet in Heaven, by Mitch Albom
The Music of Chance, by Paul Auster
The Lost Symbol, by Dan Brown (currently reading)

My favorites were, without a doubt, The Switch and Jane Eyre. Sandra Brown is oficially one of my favorite authors and there is a reason why Jane Eyre is a timeless classic... Two books I will re-read for sure!

My least favorite book was The Music of Chance. It irritated me to the point where I had to stop reading such was the irritation the main character caused in me...

Thanks to Katrina for organizing this challenge and I'll see you in the Fall!

4 comentários:

  1. Good job! I, too, have had to put a book down because the main character irritated me so much. But it's better to put the book down and move on to something more enjoyable! I haven't read The Switch, but I might have to check that one out. Thanks for being part of SRT '11!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. A MÚSICA DO ACASO-grande livro, grande autor, opiniões.......

    ResponderEliminar
  3. É verdade SEVE, são opiniões... E já dizia a Drª Rute Remédios, "As opiniões são como as vaginas, cada um tem a sua, e quem quiser dá-la, dá-la..."

    ResponderEliminar