sexta-feira, 4 de abril de 2014

Mount TBR 2014 Checkpoint #1


It's time for our first chekpoint on our way to the top. I'm doing better than I did last year at this point, let's hope I keep up the pace!

1. Tell us how many miles you've made it up your mountain (# of books read). If you're really ambitious, you can do some intricate math and figure out how the number of books you've read correlates to actual miles up Pike's Peak, Mt. Ararat, etc. And feel free to tell us about any particularly exciting adventures you've had along the way.
I've read five books so far, which means I've climbed 1792,5 m on my way to the top of Pike's Peak.

These are the books I read so far:
The Distant Hours, by Kate Morton
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, by John Berendt
The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald 
A Kiss at Midnight, by Eloisa James
Purple Hibiscus, by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

All the books counted for other challenges.

2. Complete ONE (or more if you like) of the following:
A. Post a picture of your favorite cover so far.

I can't decide, I like them both very much.

B. Who has been your favorite character so far? And tell us why, if you like.
I liked Kambili, from Purple Hibiscus, very much. She goes through a lot during the story and we witness her grow, as she goes from being a child to being a teenager to being a young woman, all in a very little time.

C. Have any of the books you read surprised you--if so, in what way (not as good as anticipated? unexpected ending? Best thing you've read ever? Etc.)
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil was not as all what I expected. But then again, I hadn't realized it was non-fiction till after I started reading it. I didn't like it very much.

D. Which book (read so far) has been on your TBR mountain the longest? Was it worth the wait? Or is it possible you should have tackled it back when you first put it on the pile? Or tossed it off the edge without reading it all?
The book that has been the longest on my shelf is Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, a resident since May 2010. To be honest, tackling it now or back then would have been the same, cause, like I already mentioned, I didn't realise it was non-fiction... I was underwhelmed.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário