sábado, 12 de outubro de 2013

Mount TBR 2013 Checkpoint #3

So, while on my bloging hiatus, I somehow managed to completely miss Mount TBR 2013 Checkpoint #3... Although it wont count officially, I still wanted to do it, so here goes:

I'm not doing as great as I did last year but I'm still on track!

1. Tell us how many miles you've made it up your mountain (# of books read). If you're really ambitious, you can do some intricate math and figure out how the number of books you've read correlates to actual miles up Pike's Peak, Mt. Ararat, etc.
I've read twelve books so far, which means I've already made it to the top of Pike's Peak. Now I'll be strolling around the top for a bit, cause I still have plenty of books on my TBR pile to keep me busy till the end of the year...

These are the books I read so far:
Hidden Fires, by Sandra Brown
Not Even for Love, by Sandra Brown
The Lucky One, by Nicholas Sparks
The Forgotten Garden, by Kate Morton
The World Without Us, by


Mary Balogh
Lisa Kleypas

Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
Mary Balogh


2. Complete ONE (or more if you like) of the following:
A. Who has been your favorite character so far? And tell us why, if you like.
Last checkpoint I picked Cassandra from The Forgotten Garden. Although she still makes the list of favorite characters of 2013, this time around I'm going to pick Juliet Ashton from The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. She's an independent and passionate woman with whom I strongly identified. She's also responsible for one of my all time favorite quotes:
“I don't want to be married just to be married. I can't think of anything lonelier than spending the rest of my life with someone I can't talk to, or worse, someone I can't be silent with.”
B. What has been your most difficult read so far. And why? (Length? Subject matter? Difficult style? Out of your comfort zone reading?)
The answer is still The World Without Us simply because it's non fiction which means I don't get so engaged on the reading as I do with fiction and because it takes me longer to read cause I try to assimilate as much information as I can.

C. Which book (read so far) has been on your TBR mountain the longest? Was it worth the wait? Or is it possible you should have tackled it back when you first put it on the pile? Or tossed it off the edge without reading it all?
Again, still The World Without Us, a resident since 2008. It was worth the wait.

D. Choose 3-5 titles from your stacks and using a word from the title, do an image search. Post the first all-eyes-friendly picture associated with that word. 
Garden - The Forgotten Garden, by Kate Morton:

Autumn - Lisa Kleypas
 
Sea -

Pie - Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário