terça-feira, 2 de julho de 2013

Mount TBR 2013 Checkpoint #2

Although I'm not doing as great as I did last year, I'm still on track!

1. Tell us how many miles you've made it up your mountain (# of books read). If you're really ambitious, you can do some intricate math and figure out how the number of books you've read correlates to actual miles up Pike's Peak, Mt. Ararat, etc.
I've read six books so far (one per month), which means I've already climbed half the distance: 2151m of Pike's Peak.

These are the books I read so far:
Hidden Fires, by Sandra Brown
Not Even for Love, by Sandra Brown
The Lucky One, by Nicholas Sparks
The Forgotten Garden, by Kate Morton
The World Without Us, by


Once again, all the books counted for other challenges.

2. Complete ONE (or more if you like) of the following:
A. Who has been your favorite character so far? And tell us why, if you like.
Even though I have a soft spot for Hercule Poirot, I'm gonna choose Cassandra from The Forgotten Garden. She's been through so much in her life and even though she had already given up, she was still able to grab the new chance of happiness that life gave her.
 
B. What has been your most difficult read so far. And why? (Length? Subject matter? Difficult style? Out of your comfort zone reading?)
The World Without Us simply because it's non fiction which means I don't get so engaged on the reading as I do with fiction and because it takes me longer to read cause I try to assimilate as much information as I can.

C. Which book (read so far) has been on your TBR mountain the longest? Was it worth the wait? Or is it possible you should have tackled it back when you first put it on the pile? Or tossed it off the edge without reading it all?
The book that has been the longest on my shelf is The World Without Us, a resident since 2008. It was worth the wait.

D. Using no more than two words from a single title, compose a sentence (musical lyric, bit of poetry, what-have-you) from title from your conquered TBR stack. If you are short of inspirational words...you may use some from your intended reads if needed. Filler words (the, and, with, etc.) or alternate tenses of verbs used in titles are acceptable for clarity.
Even if Hidden Under the Sun, One Lucky Garden is Forgotten Without Love
 
Hidden Fires, by Sandra Brown 
Not Even for Love, by Sandra Brown
The Lucky One, by Nicholas Sparks
The Forgotten Garden, by Kate Morton
The World Without Us, by

1 comentário:

  1. Half-way there at the 6 month mark. You're doing great. I really like your sentence--thanks for doing that part. I always enjoy seeing what everyone can come up with from what they've read. Good luck with the rest of the climb!

    ResponderEliminar