sexta-feira, 7 de agosto de 2015

Mount TBR 2015 Checkpoint #2


So I totally forgot to do this checkpoint at the end of June... Better late than never, right? To keep it organized, I'm only counting what I read until the end of June.

1. Tell us how many miles you've made it up your mountain (# of books read). If you're really ambitious, you can do some intricate math and figure out how the number of books you've read correlates to actual miles up Pike's Peak, Mt. Ararat, etc. And feel free to tell us about any particularly exciting adventures you've had along the way.
I've read nine books so far, which means I've climbed 1804 m on my way to the top of Mount Blanc.

These are the books I read until the end of June:
  1. Fangirl, by Rainbow Rowell
  2. Atonement, by Ian McEwan
  3. One Hundred Years of Solitude, by Gabriel Garcí­a Márquez
  4. We Were Liars, by E. Lockhart
  5. The Sense of an Ending, by Julian Barnes
  6. Romancing Mister Bridgerton, by Julia Quinn
  7. Fight Club, by Chuck Palahniuk
  8. The Longest Ride, by Nicholas Sparks
  9. Cat Among the Pigeons, by Agatha Christie
All books counted for other challenges.

2. Complete ONE (or more if you like) of the following:
A. Choose two titles from the books you've read so far that have a common link. You decide what the link is--both have strong female lead characters? Each focuses on a diabolical plot to take over the world? Blue covers? About weddings? Find your link and tell us what it is.
Atonement by Ian McEwan and The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks because they both have a couple on the cover.

B. Tell us about a book on the list that was new to you in some way--new author, about a place you've never been, a genre you don't usually read...etc.
One Hundred Years of Solitude was the first book I read by Gabriel Garcí­a Márquez.

C. Which book (read so far) has been on your TBR mountain the longest? Was it worth the wait? Or is it possible you should have tackled it back when you first put it on the pile? Or tossed it off the edge without reading it all?
The book that has been the longest on my shelf is still One Hundred Years of Solitude, a resident since 2004.

OR
 
Use titles from your list to complete as many of the following sentences below as you can. If you haven't read enough books to give you good choices, then feel free to use any books yet to be read from your piles. I've given my answers as examples. Feel free to add words (such as "a" or "the" or others that clarify) as needed.


My Day in Books
I began the day with One Hundred Years of Solitude
before breakfasting on To Sir Phillip, With Love

On my way to work I saw [a] Cat Among the Pigeons
and walked by The Longest Ride
to avoid The Sense of an Ending
but I made sure to stop at [the] Fight Club

In the office, my boss asked me how to use Atonement
and sent me to research Scandal in Spring

At lunch with Fangirl
I noticed The Unforgiven
playing a game of Secrets of Surrender

When I got home that night, I imagined myself When Beauty Tamed the Beast
and wondered if We Were Liars
Finally, I went to bed and dreamed about Romancing Mister Bridgerton

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário