domingo, 11 de janeiro de 2015

Bout of Books 12 - Day 7 & Wrap-Up

Bout of Books

DAY 7 - Sunday, January 11th

STATS
Pages read: 109
     109 pages of An American Girl in Italy by Aubrie Dionne

Total pages read: 761
     166 pages of Heating Up the Holidays by Lisa Renee Jones, Mary Ann Rivers and Serena Bell
     336 pages of Christmas on 4th Street by Susan Mallery
     139 pages of Amulet by Roberto Bolaño
     120 pages of An American Girl in Italy by Aubrie Dionne 


CHALLENGES
∞ My (dysfunctional) Book Family @ Auggie Talk
Out of all the books you've ever read and all the characters you've ever known who would you choose to be in your family?
The directions
  1. Select your characters and give each of them a title (mom, dad, sister, uncle, cousin). Get goofy or be super serious. Up to you!
  2. Tell me a little bit about WHY you'd choose these characters for their spot in your fam!
  3. Now have a bit of fun and tell me (in a short sentence or a long paragraph) HOW is your family dysfunctional. ;)
This sounds like fun, but I'm going to skip it. I'm happy with the family I got, no matter how disfuncional we may be...


∞ #insixwords Challenge @ Falling Down the Book Hole
This challenge is called #insixwords ! The point of this challenge is to choose 2-3 books whether you read them this week, they are a few of your favorites or they were just the easiest ones to come up with something for. For these books you choose to use for this challenge, you must summarize/share your thoughts or feelings about the book in just six words! They can be funny or serious, positive or negative, it is all up to you! For me I struggle with making sense and understandable sentences with 140 characters so this proved to be quite difficult for me and I tried many different books before I was able to come up with some subpar #insixwords. I hope you have better luck and enjoy the challenge of conveying a book into only six words! (If you put them on twitter make sure to use the hashtag #insixwords, #boutofbooks, include the book you are using and if you would like tag me @downthebookhole! )

I'm doing it for all the books I read during Bout of Books:
  • Heating Up the Holidays by Lisa Renee Jones, Mary Ann Rivers and Serena Bell #insixwords ”Two great stories, one with potencial” 
  • Christmas on 4th Street by Susan Mallery #insixwords ”Sweet Christmas romance on small town” 
  • Amulet by Roberto Bolaño #insixwords ”Homage to a lost generation”
  • An American Girl in Italy by Aubrie Dionne #insixwords ”America or Italy? Career or love?”  

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Wrap-Up

I'm very pleased with my results in Bout of Books 12. I read everyday and finished with a total of 761 pages read! I finished Heating Up the Holidays by Lisa Renee Jones, Mary Ann Rivers and Serena Bell, read Christmas on 4th Street by Susan Mallery and Amulet by Roberto Bolaño and started An American Girl in Italy by Aubrie Dionne. And I entered all the challenges, except two.


Once again, I had a lot of fun participating and I'll most certainly be joining you all again in May 2015 for Bout of Books 13!

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário