segunda-feira, 5 de janeiro de 2015

Bout of Books 12 - Day 1

Bout of Books

DAY 1 - Monday, January 5th

STATS
Pages read: 53
     53 pages of Heating Up the Holidays by Lisa Renee Jones, Mary Ann Rivers and Serena Bell
Total pages read: 53
     53 pages of Heating Up the Holidays by Lisa Renee Jones, Mary Ann Rivers and Serena Bell


CHALLENGES
∞ Bookshelf Scavenger Hunt @ Caught Read Handed
It’s a bookshelf scavenger hunt! Find a book with the following criteria on a bookshelf:
1. Find an author with the same initials as you
2. Find a book with the color yellow on it
3. Find an author’s name with the letter “S” in it
4. Find a book with a female protagonist
5. Find the longest book you own
6. Find a book with a map in it or on it
7. Find a book with a face on it (photograph or illustrated)
Bonus: Find something on your shelf that isn’t a book.
You can take your own pictures or use images you find online. Up to you. Stack ‘em up, lay ‘em all out, make a collage, use Goodreads, whatever. Find a book for at least four (4) of the prompts to be eligible for the giveaway. You can post on your blog, FB, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, etc. Then post the link, list, whatever in the comments of this post and enter the giveaway! Use hashtag #BoBScavengerHunt if you talk about your findings so we can see what everyone found!

1. A.C. Gaughen - My inicials are AG;
2. The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling;
3. Nicholas Sparks
4. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë;
5. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon;
6. How to Lie with Maps by Mark S. Monmonier;
7. Island Beneath the Sea by Isabel Allende;
Bonus: my VW Bus mug with my pens.

∞ New Year's Resolutions @  The Book That...
Whether you have made reading resolutions or want to use general life resolutions you have made over the New Year holiday, pick books with titles that relate to each of your resolutions. You can post as many or as few as you would like. You can also check out my full reading resolutions for 2015 here.
Number Seventy-Five by Ashley Fontainne (a book I had never heard of before) represents my commitment to read 75 books this year.

The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien represents my struggle to tackle both my TBR piles: the physical one (and the one I mostly want to shrink) and the one on my Kindle (especially the ebooks I got from NetGalley).

Money by Martin Amis represents my commitment to buy fewer books in 2015, thus saving money...

Portugal Geográfico by Suzanne Daveau (which translates to Geographical Portugal) represents my willingness to read more portuguese authors.

And finally The Eight by Katherine Neville as a symbol of the eight reading challenges I want to fulfil this year.

1 comentário: