domingo, 5 de abril de 2015

Mount TBR 2015 Checkpoint #1


Three months have past already? Time sure does fly... It's time for our first checkpoint and I'm doing even better than I did last year at this point, but I did challenge myself to get higher this year, so I really need to keep up the pace!

1. Tell us how many miles you've made it up your mountain (# of books read). If you're really ambitious, you can do some intricate math and figure out how the number of books you've read correlates to actual miles up Pike's Peak, Mt. Ararat, etc. And feel free to tell us about any particularly exciting adventures you've had along the way.
I've read six books so far, which means I've climbed 1203 m on my way to the top of Mount Blanc.

These are the books I read so far:
  1. Fangirl, by Rainbow Rowell
  2. Atonement, by Ian McEwan
  3. One Hundred Years of Solitude, by Gabriel Garcí­a Márquez
  4. We Were Liars, by E. Lockhart
  5. The Sense of an Ending, by Julian Barnes
  6. Romancing Mister Bridgerton, by Julia Quinn

All books counted for other challenges.

2. Complete ONE (or more if you like) of the following:
A. Post a picture of your favorite cover so far.

B. Who has been your favorite character so far? And tell us why, if you like.
Cath, from Fangirl. I really related to her and I loved the way she is portrayed by the author.

C. Have any of the books you read surprised you--if so, in what way (not as good as anticipated? unexpected ending? Best thing you've read ever? Etc.)
Fangirl. I suspected I was going to like it, but I never thought I would love it as much as I did.

D. Which book (read so far) has been on your TBR mountain the longest? Was it worth the wait? Or is it possible you should have tackled it back when you first put it on the pile? Or tossed it off the edge without reading it all?
The book that has been the longest on my shelf is One Hundred Years of Solitude, a resident since 2004. I loved it and I now want to read more of his books...

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário