terça-feira, 13 de maio de 2014

Bout of Books 10 - Day 2


DAY 2 - Tuesday, May 13th

STATS
Pages read: 52
     52 pages of Rumors that Ruined a Lady by Marguerite Kaye
Total pages read: 98
     46 pages of His for Christmas by Jennifer Haymore 
     52 pages of Rumors that Ruined a Lady by Marguerite Kaye


CHALLENGES
∞ Bookish Battle Royal @ My Life in Books
  1. Choose three or more fictional characters as combatants – they can be haphazardly picked or themed (for example, I went with badass classic literature protagonists)
  2. List three strengths and weakness for each contender (feel free to skip this step if you’re using social media to participate in Bout of Books i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads…)
  3. Determine who would come out victorious and give a little explanation why you think they would win – get creative with the outcomes!
  4. Link in the comments and if you tweet about this challenge make sure to use the hashtag #bookbattleroyal in addition to #boutofbooks because I want to see all your dueling characters!

My Combatants:




I chose three of my favorite feminine classic literature protagonists as combatants and I have to say, it wasn't easy picking a winner... They all have some characteristics in common (they're all independent women in a time when women weren't supposed to be independent) and even the characteristics I pointed out as weaknesses are traits I value very much both in my literary characters and in real life people...

But I do believe Elizabeth Bennet would be the winner, simply because I don't see her retreating as Ellen and Jane did so to remain true to her principles. She does remain true to them, but she speaks her mind and does not bow down nor does she accepts quietly circumstances she knows not to be right.


∞ Books You're Looking Forward To @ River City Reading
Your challenge is simple: create a list of titles you're looking forward to reading. They can be upcoming titles in a specific season, titles that have been on your shelves, it's up to you!

My list is of books I already have and plan to read very soon:


Something Reckless by Jess Michaels
Lord Edgware Dies by Agatha Christie
Perfume: The Story of a Murderer by Patrick Süskind
The Rogue's Proposal by Jennifer Haymore
Suddenly Last Summer by Sarah Morgan

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário