domingo, 23 de dezembro de 2012

Balanço final do desafio Fall Into Reading 2012


ATTENTION: This post will be written in Portuguese and English.

Começa o Inverno e termina o Fall Into Reading...

Este ano portei-me muito bem e, para além de ter lido os 6 livros da lista, li mais 4 livros e 3 contos.

Assim, da lista inicial li:
O Segredo de Sophia, de Susanna Kearsley - terminado
O Deus das Moscas, de William Golding - terminado
The Scarlet Letter, de Nathaniel Hawthorne - terminado
Silver Bay - A Baía do Desejo, de Jojo Moyes - terminado
4th of July, de James Patterson - terminado
Olhos Verdes, de Luísa Costa Gomes - terminado

Para além destes li:
The Great Gift, de Misty Wright
Meant for Her, de Amy Gamet
Dead Until Dark, de Charlaine Harris
The Tragedy Paper, de Elizabeth LaBan

E estes foram os contos lidos neste Outono:
Mean, de Renata F. Barcelos
My Favorite Corpse, de Kathy Carmichael 
White Collar Christmas, de Misty Evans

Os meus preferidos foram O Segredo de Sophia, Silver Bay - A Baia do Desejo e 4th of July. O que mais me desiludiu foi The Scarlet Letter, pois achei que iria gostar muito mais do que gostei...

Obrigada à Katrina por organizar o desafio mais uma vez e vemo-nos na Primavera!


Winter begins and Fall Into Reading ends...

This year I did really good and, in addiction to the 6 books on my initial list, I read another 4 books and 3 short stories.

From my initial list:
The Winter Sea, by Susanna Kearsley - finished
Lord of the Flies, by William Golding - finished
The Scarlet Letter, by Nathaniel Hawthorne - finished
Silver Bay, by Jojo Moyes - finished
4th of July, by James Patterson - finished
Olhos Verdes, by Luísa Costa Gomes - finished

I also read:
The Great Gift, by Misty Wright
Meant for Her, by Amy Gamet
Dead Until Dark, by Charlaine Harris
The Tragedy Paper, by Elizabeth LaBan

And these were the short stories read this Fall:
Mean, by Renata F. Barcelos
My Favorite Corpse, by Kathy Carmichael 
White Collar Christmas, by Misty Evans

My favorites were The Winter Sea, Silver Bay and 4th of July. The one that disappointed me the most was The Scarlet Letter because I thought I would like it a lot more than I did...

Thanks to Katrina for organizing the challenge again and I'll see you in the Spring!

2 comentários:

  1. I read The Scarlet Letter this fall as well. It was my second time through and I got much more out of it this time. I think it's better if studied, rather than just read.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. You're probably right. This may be the kind of book I would have loved if it had been studied in school...

      Eliminar