2016 has not been a challenge year for me... In fact, I completely forgot to do my checkpoints #1 and #2. And I'm late with #3... But better late than never, right? And it seems like I'll still be able to complete this challenge after all, so here's how the first nine months of the year went:
1. Tell us how many miles you've made it up your mountain (# of books read). If you're really ambitious, you can do some intricate math and figure out how the number of books you've read correlates to actual miles up Pike's Peak, Mt. Ararat, etc.
I've read 10 books out of 12, so I'm almost to the top.
These are the books I read until the end of September:
- Must Love Breeches by Angela Quarles
- Flirting with Fire by Kate Meader
- The Stone Raft by José Saramago
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
- Slightly Wicked by Mary Balogh
- Taboo by Jess Michaels
- Low Pressure by Sandra Brown
- Rebel Angels by Libba Bray
- When He Was Wicked by Julia Quinn
- The Preacher by Camilla Läckberg
All books counted for other challenges.
2. Complete ONE (or more if you like) of the following:
A. Who has been your favorite character so far? And tell us why, if you like.
Lou Clark from Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. I loved Lou! And I cannot wait to know what the author has in store for her in the sequel...
B. Pair up two of your reads. But this time we're going for opposites. One book with a male protagonist and one with a female protagonist. One book with "Good" in the title and one with "Evil." Get creative and show off a couple of your books.
I really couldn't come up with a single pairing...
C. Which book (read so far) has been on your TBR mountain the longest? Was it worth the wait? Or is it possible you should have tackled it back when you first put it on the pile? Or tossed it off the edge without reading it all?
The book that has been the longest on my shelf is The Preacher, a resident since December 2012.
D. Choose 1-4 titles from your stacks and using a word from the title, do an image search. Post the first all-eyes-friendly picture associated with that word.
Flirting - Flirting with Fire by Kate Meader:
Taboo - Taboo by Jess Michaels:
Wicked - When He Was Wicked by Julia Quinn:
Preacher - The Preacher by Camilla Läckberg: